On Tuesday, May 25th, the U.S. Hemp Roundtable had the opportunity to host Congressman Kurt Schrader (D-OR) and esteemed industry expert guests for a Congressional briefing concerning H.R. 841, The Hemp and Hemp-Derived CBD Consumer Protection and Market Stabilization Act of 2021.
Congressman Schrader, who is the lead bill sponsor, and our panel of industry experts discussed why H.R. 841 – which would provide a regulatory pathway for the sale of hemp-derived CBD as a dietary supplement – is so necessary to provide economic relief to the nation’s farmers, as well as to protect consumers from the current unregulated CBD and Delta-8 marketplace.
Scheduled Panelists included:
- The Honorable Kurt Schrader (D-OR), lead sponsor of HR 841
- Ola Lessard, President, U.S. Hemp Roundtable
- Amber Littlejohn, Executive Director, Minority Cannabis Business Association
- Michael McGuffin, President, American Herbal Products Association
- Scott Melville, President, Consumer Healthcare Products Association
- Steven Mister, President, Council for Responsible Nutrition
- Loren Israelson, President, United Natural Products Alliance
- Kyle Truesdale, CEO, Agrarian Manager, and U.S. hemp farmer
- Hosted by Jonathan Miller, General Counsel, U.S. Hemp Roundtable
The best way you can help support this important legislation is to contact your U.S. Congressional leaders and urge them to cosponsor H.R. 841! Learn more and use our online action portal today to take action:
Urge Your Congressperson to Co-Sponsor H.R. 841 (Or Thank Them for Signing On!)Urge Co-Sponsorship!
Related Legislation News
Take Action In Your State
Make Your Voice Heard
Track the latest hemp and CBD legislative developments in all 50 states and contact your elected representatives to demand action.Go to the State Action Center